About Deeb Companies
FDR just became president when Deeb companies had their humble beginnings in Tallahassee in the early thirties. George Deeb, great grandfather of today’s management, Ricky, Stephanie, Adam and Mariena Deeb, watched his little company grow by leaps and bounds. He moved by way of Panama City to St. Petersburg, Florida in 1939.
It was the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) that talked George into coming to St. Petersburg and his company was the first in the area to offer housing to the working man. In the early 1930s, builders just would not commit to projects that did not involve cash up front, but Deeb Construction offered policemen, firemen, teachers and other moderate income families a chance to fulfill that dream.
In 1964, control of the company was turned over to Richard and houses and apartments continued to spring up through the Pinellas County area.
Richard Deeb served as a State Representative for two years before his election to the state Senate. From Tallahassee, Richard saw what was happening in West Pasco County and decided he could help ensure the future of the area if he played a part in that growth. In 1972, Richard moved to support that growth and he and his sons Alex, Rick, and Tom moved the main office and operations from St. Petersburg to Port Richey.